- Develop a lifetime of achievable healthy habits for the entire family
- Improve the mood, learning and behavior of children through proper nutrition
- Avoid nutrition related diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, respiratory problems, & cancer
- Make nutrition at home easy and fun, while preparing healthy food that tastes great
- Keep children and family members physically active
There are some significant benefits to living a L.E.A.N. life:
- Improvements in their overall health
- Fewer sick days and less time away from school or work
- Reduced medical expenses
- Better weight control
- More active and energetic lives
Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N. Start is focus on the four pillars of health:
- Lifestyle: How we live
- Exercise: How we move
- Attitude: How we think
- Nutrition: How we eat
Parents and caregivers receive the following tools:
L.E.A.N. Start Parent’s Guide
A parental tool to use throughout your child’s life, it is an easy to follow, colorful guide that provides you with important information regarding your child’s health. It is divided into six simple and colorful sessions.
The L.E.A.N. Start DVD
You’ll enjoy watching this entertaining and educational DVD. Hosted by best selling author and renowned pediatrician, Dr. William Sears, you will learn interesting and practical nutrition tips that you can begin using right away. Each one of the six segments correlates with a session in the Parents Guide.
L.E.A.N. Start Activity Books
This 22-page activity book is designed to use along with the Parents Guide and is filled with fun and interactive activities that you and your preschooler can do together. It includes coloring pages, games and activities to help you teach your child the important information for Growing Smart.